Check out our updates below to learn about the exciting things happening in our neighborhood and see how you can take action to promote a sustainable and equitable community. Thank you for your ongoing interest and support.
EcoDistrict Receives Equity and Environment Award The EcoDistrict is a proud recipient of a Futurewise 2015 Livable Communities Award for Equity and Environment. Learn more about the award.
Diving into the “Dumpster Issue” As reported in the CHS Blog, we are working with the City of Seattle, Recology CleanScapes, the Capitol Hill Chamber and local businesses to identify alternatives to the permanent placement of dumpsters on sidewalks and in parking spaces within Capitol Hill’s retail corridors. As residents and day workers know, the dumpsters are a health and safety hazard and after a weekend can be downright nasty come Monday morning.
A Tool Library Comes to Capitol Hill! Our EcoDistrict Spotlight series highlights the awesome things that are happening in our neighborhood. Read our first feature on the Capitol Hill Tool Library!
It’s Solar Season! With the Spring Equinox officially behind us, we are well on our way to more sunshine–and down to the final 100 units of our Community Solar project. Buy in today to show that Community Solar works and matters in Seattle! (Our project was also recently featured in a Grist article highlighting the sharing economy!)
Shout out to our EcoDistrict Solar Sponsors:
In The News:
- Seattle’s Emerging EcoDistrict, Sustainable Cities Collective
- Exploring a Pedestrian-Only Pike/Pine Block, CHS Blog
- Capitol Hill Recognized for Innovation, Exemplifying Smart Growth, GGLO
- Spots Still Available in Neighborhood Solar Project, Capitol Hill Times
- On Sunny Capitol Hill, local solar has been a tougher than usual sell, CHS Blog
- This affordable housing complex has a solar farm on its roof, Grist